Friday, March 15, 2013

A Walker Amongst Us.....


Well, remember when I posted 5 weeks to go.... I really mean it this time as I forgot about spring break.

Anyway, as some of you know Nadezhda began walking on March 8th, 2013. Significant for many reasons besides the most obvious of a child taking their first steps as a human. March 8th is International Women’s Day. First it will be easy to remember when she first walked because of that but second it is a major holiday in Russia.

So, you might be wondering how it happened. Well I was holding Nadia and I went to put her down for a second. As I was going to put her down she made me put her feet on the ground first and I expected her to then sit or turn around and grab my leg to hold herself up. What happened next startled me as she started to run away from me. I grabbed and then Tash and I made her practice walking for 4-6 hours. It is funny because once she did it she has improved greatly since that day. I am so grateful to have Nadia and Tash in my life. I am a lucky person. 

With my schedule being consumed with a lot of things I figured that Nadia's first steps would be taken when I was not home. However, I was lucky and I am so happy that her first steps were taken in the presence of Natasha and me.

As for me I continue to grind away through my field placement and I have four more weeks of fieldwork over the next five weeks. After that I will have about 2 weeks of school left but two major papers to write.

At the end of the semester I will have about two weeks off before I begin six weeks of a summer class and then I will be off for the rest of the summer. I must say I am looking forward to it.

Until next time… 


No comments: