Tuesday, February 16, 2016


An unpublished draft from Nadia's 2nd birthday....

Today you are two years old. It was two years ago that I began several journeys. First, I started school for my MSW a few weeks prior to your birth. Second and most importantly your mother and I became parents for the first time when you were born.

All journeys have been fantastic but you and your mother are the inspiration that keeps me driving to be a better man with each decision and step I take.

When you were born at 1 lb 10 oz. I was scared. I feared for your life most of your stay in the hospital. Watching you grow these first two years has made me feel like I can accomplish anything I choose to accomplish.

As you started school a week ago I was nervous as could be but your mother was confident that school/day care was the right decision for you. She was right and you are enjoying school until the end of the day when your friends leave :).

I want to wish you a happy birthday and hope you read this one day and reflect back on the journey you have already made. Your journey is an inspiration to me and I hope one day it becomes an inspiration to you as well.

You are loved by many and we will celebrate tonight and on Saturday with family too.

I promise to always let you know I love you.


No comments: