Thursday, December 8, 2011

Projectile action....

Well, last night was a great night for Nadia. She continues to eat and grow strong and be stubborn about her burping. She decided that she was not going to burp until she was starting to be fed again and she then proceeded to spew a bit of formula towards me. Tash was protected with a blanket on her and the boppy. Luckily for me Nadia does not have the distance yet. I will certainly be ready for it and I welcome it.

She weighed 1,750 grams yesterday and I continue to screw up entries in her calendar. Luckily for me, Tash is a great artist and she can also cover up most of my entries that go awry.

Nadia is going to be getting he immunizations over the weekend. Which reminds me that I need to get a flu shot before she comes home as well. One of her nurses Trish, thinks that next week is likely the week she will be coming home. It is amazing how two months has gone by since she was born but we are both ready to begin our part of the parenting job.

Speaking of Trish... Nadia was sniffling yesterday and after several attempts with a bulb and one last saline bullet Nadia sent a rather large booger (although this one had some speed so it would probably be classified as a snot rocket) out of her nose. I know it is disgusting but many disgusting things are going to be happening over the next several months.

We are looking forward to the shower this weekend and moving out of the Ronald McDonald house tomorrow. It is going to be a lot of fun at Doreen's I am sure. Karel and Doreen have done wonders in getting the shower up and running with the little amount of time they had to work with. I (and I am sure Tash is) am very grateful for their actions and happy they are a part of our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee - more great news! I love this! It is hard to believe that her homecoming is so close! You all are certainly up to the parenting task with all that you have done. Kudos!

Just for the record, Doreen deserves the 'Lions share' of the credit for the shower. I am just a very grateful player and helper. It is so great to be part of such a happy occasion. Karel